This recipe was featured in The Veggie Experience.
1 1/2 cups oat flour
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/4 cup arrowroot starch
1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil or canola oil
6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly crushed
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, flaxseed meal, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, applesauce and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula. The dough will be thick but soft.
- Stir in the cranberries and almonds. Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonsful onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 minutes then rotate the baking sheets and bake for 7 minutes more. The cookies should be golden brown and firm.
- Let the cookies stand on the baking sheets for 15 minutes before serving or remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Servings: 18. Serving size: 2 cookies. Per serving: 266 calories, 3.4 g protein, 13.4 g fat, 32.6 g carbohydrates, 2.4 g dietary fiber, 170 mg sodium, 16.4 g sugars
Denise Crumrine | CoServ Electric