The Youth Tour brings more than 1,300 high school students to Washington, D.C., every year, and has since the early 1960s. More than 40,000 students from rural areas and small towns all over America have participated in this unique program.
The students representing SPEC will join about 150 other Texas youth before heading out to Washington. The Texas contingency will be part of more than 1,600 young adults from across the nation participating in the annual Youth Tour. Learn more about the Youth Tour here.
SPEC will select one recipient from both the Childress and Spur Offices and two from the Lubbock Division. Apply online by November 8.
Eligibility, contest rules, judging:
- You must be a high school junior or senior.
- Participants will be required to appear before an independent panel of judges to discuss the interview questions.
- Participants will have 5-7 minutes of interview time.
- Participants will be chosen based on how well they present themselves to the judges, their speaking ability, appearance and poise.
Contest locations, dates and times:
- Childress Office—November 18, 2019; 7 p.m.; 1900 Ave. C NW in Childress
- Spur Office—November 25, 2019; 7 p.m.; 2741 FM 836 in Spur
- Lubbock Division—December 2, 2019; 6:30 p.m.; at the North office, I-27 and Municipal Drive in Lubbock
- Questions should be addressed to Becky Wilson at bwilson@SPEC.coop, (806)775-7514 or (800)687-2883.
- Entry forms and interview questions can be found at SPEC.coop/youthtour. Entry forms must be submitted online by 5 p.m., Friday, November 8, 2019.