skip to content
This recipe was featured in Touchdown Party Foods.
Jamie Parchman | Magic Valley EC
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
4 cups salted cocktail peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and apply cooking spray or vegetable oil.
2. Combine all ingredients except peanuts in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted. Continue to cook, stirring, for an additional minute.
3. Pour hot butter mixture over peanuts in a large heat-proof mixing bowl and toss until well-coated.
4. Transfer nuts to prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake 10 minutes, then stir to redistribute the spices. Spread the nuts back into a single layer and bake until fragrant and sticky, about 5 more minutes.
5. Cool completely before serving.
Makes 4 cups.