skip to content
This recipe was featured in Blessed by Cake.
Gladys Blezinger | San Bernard EC
1 box (18.25 ounces) lemon cake mix
4 large eggs
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
3/4 cup orange juice
1 small package lime Jell-O
Juice from two limes
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 container (12 ounces) Cool Whip
1 cup chopped Texas pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 8- or 9-inch round cake pans.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, orange juice and lime Jell-O in a large bowl and beat well with an electric mixer.
- Pour into pans and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove layers from pans.
- Mix lime juice and powdered sugar. Spoon over cake layers while they are hot. Let cakes cool completely.
- To make the frosting, mix together cream cheese and sugars until smooth, then fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over cake. Sprinkle pecans on top.
Servings: 12. Serving size: 1 slice. Per serving: 807 calories, 8.51 g protein, 51.6 g fat, 74.52 g carbohydrates, 2.24 g dietary fiber, 424 mg sodium, 61.12 g sugars, 83 mg cholesterol
Don't ask again