skip to content
This recipe was submitted for the contest Touchdown Party Foods.
Michelle Taft | Pedernales EC
For this recipe, you can season the pork loin simply, with salt and pepper, or use your favorite seasoning salt or mix of spices and herbs.
3–4 pounds pork loin
Pork seasonings (seasoned salt, cracked black pepper, garlic powder, mustard powder or cayenne)
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 sweet onions, sliced thinly
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
12–20 ounces Dr Pepper
1. Coat a crockpot with nonstick cooking spray or brush with oil.
2. Season the pork loin generously (can be done the night before), coat with garlic and place it in the slow cooker.
3. Top the pork with onion slices and barbecue sauce, then pour in enough Dr Pepper to cover.
4. Cook on low heat about 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
5. Shred the meat with two forks, allowing the mixture to soak up the sauce. Serve on buns with extra sauce, sliced onions and pickles.
Makes 6–8 sandwiches.