skip to content
This recipe was featured in Just Chill.
Lisa Williams | Central Texas EC
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
3 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
1 cup marshmallow creme
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
28 chocolate wafers
2/3 cup finely chopped smoked almonds
1 tablespoon sifted powdered sugar
- Place cream cheese in medium bowl and mix in the cocoa and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in marshmallow creme until blended.
- In another medium bowl, beat whipping cream until medium peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Place in freezer 1 hour.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop, scoop out filling and place each scoop on one of 14 wafers, placing remaining 14 wafers on top, pressing gently to flatten filling just to edges.
- Gently roll edges of sandwiches in almonds, covering filling completely, and place on serving tray.
- Cover tray loosely with foil and place in freezer for 2 hours or until firm. Dust with remaining powdered sugar just before serving.
- Keep unused portions in freezer.
Servings: 14. Serving size: 1 sandwich. Per serving: 251 calories, 3.67 g protein, 14.19 g fat, 26.23 g carbohydrates, 1.37 g dietary fiber, 152 mg sodium, 13.79 g sugars, 35 mg cholesterol
- My three boys always loved eating creamy sandwiches like these that my mom used to make.
- I put a little twist on them by using cream cheese and chocolate. They are perfect for an easy dessert at a party.
Don't ask again