skip to content
Relax and enjoy the heart of the Hill Country
Contest ends September 10, 2018
Explore the Texas wine experience in Fredericksburg. What better way to get away than an escape to the charming Texas Hill Country town of Fredericksburg! With more than 45 wineries and tasting rooms in the area along with outstanding restaurants, this is the capital of Texas wine country. Take your choice from more than 150 shops, galleries and boutiques along Main Street, then make time for cultural and historic sites. Parks and golf offer outdoors activities. Fredericksburg is the perfect place for a getaway.
This prize package for two, valued at over $800, includes:
Two-Night Stay for Two at the Hoffman Haus
Enchanting, serene, secluded … Hoffman Haus is the essence of rustic simplicity and sophistication in the beautiful hills of Central Texas. Let them pamper you with their charming, beautifully appointed rooms and enjoy the delicious breakfast that is brought to your door, in a basket, each morning. Located just a few blocks from the heart of downtown on Main Street, Hoffman Haus provides convenient access to shopping, restaurants, live music and wineries.
$100 Gift Certificate to Cabernet Grill—Texas Wine Country Restaurant
Where renowned Hill Country cuisine meets fabulous Texas wine. You will be able to find unique smoked pork tenderloin, Texas quail and Niman Ranch beef along with desserts such as Chicken Fried Pecan Pie and Jack Daniels Chocolate Ice Cream.
Gift Certificate for a Barrel Tasting Tour for Two at Grape Creek Vineyards
All aboard the Grape Creek tram for a short ride to their state-of-the-art production complex. Ride through the vines, see the crush pad and tank room, and visit the barrel room. After a quick stop at the vintage wine library, you will enjoy the opportunity to taste and contrast the flavors and aromas of wine aging in three different oak barrels.
Gift certificate for “The Texas Cheese and Wine Experience” for two at 4.0 Cellars
Sample five artisan, raw cow milk, Texas cheeses from Veldhuizen Cheese Company paired with five wines selected from 4.0 Cellars. These handcrafted and cave-aged cheeses are known for their distinctive flavor and quality. Enjoy the experience of sampling the best of what Texas has to offer.
Wine Tasting for Two at Lost Draw Cellars
You will enjoy your tastings at Lost Draw Cellars, where you will experience High Plains vines and Hill Country wines!
$75 Gift Certificate to Otto’s German Bistro
This local restaurant pays homage to Fredericksburg’s German heritage while bringing an emphasis to local ingredients, attention to cooking technique and presentation, and an attitude of excellence and creativity.
$50 Gift Certificate to Fischer & Wieser’s Das Peach Haus
Dedicated to creating exciting, delicious and innovative gourmet products with unique flavor combinations to inspire your culinary adventure.
$25 gift certificate to Chocolat—Quintessential Chocolates
Makers of exquisite liqueur praline or liquid center chocolates since 1984. We invite you to have your favorite drink enrobed in a rich dark chocolate. The result is a sensuous burst of flavor that blends the chocolate and liquor in a new culinary taste sensation.
Gift Certificate to the Fredericksburg Pie Company
This gift certificate is good for 2 slices of delicious pie and 2 drinks of your choice. Each of the pies at the Fredericksburg Pie Company is made from scratch daily. Who can resist the tempting choices of tasty cream pies, fruit pies and pecan pies?
• Entry deadline is 11:59 p.m. September 10, 2018.
• No purchase necessary.
• Online entries only. One entry per person (multiple entries will be disqualified).
• Entrant must be 18 years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident.
• Current employees of Texas Electric Cooperatives and their immediate families are not eligible.
• The winning entry will be drawn September 11, 2018. We will attempt to notify the winner by September 16, 2018. If we cannot contact the winner by 5 p.m. on September 16, 2018, another entry will be drawn.
• Prizes are not transferable and may have an expiration date.
• Some additional expenses, such as taxes and tips, are not included in the package. The winner is solely responsible for any taxes incurred.
• Meals, unless specifically noted, are not included.
• Lodging certificates are subject to availability and may not be valid during high-capacity or holiday weekends. Reservations are required. Mention the certificate when booking and present it at check-in.
• Reservations for all activities must be made at least two weeks prior to arrival.
• Winner’s name and likeness may be used in promotional materials related to the contest.
• By entering the contest, contestants agree to the above rules and regulations.