skip to content
Explore the natural wonders of southwest Texas
Contest ended December 31, 2018
We are no longer accepting entries for this contest as of December 31, 2018. Please visit our Contests Page for something more current.
The Big Bend region of southwest Texas beckons travelers, offering a stunning natural setting for discovery. Your chance to embark on a three-night adventure for two is just a click away with our Big Bend sweepstakes.
Your tour begins in the far-reaching, wide-open landscapes of West Texas as you spend your first night in Marathon, at the intersection of the Big Bend mystique and the world-renowned dark skies of the high desert.
You’ll stay overnight at Eve’s Garden, the one-of-a-kind, bed-and-breakfast and ecology resource center. Here you’ll find a colorful indoor organic garden that’s alive with roses, bougainvillea and a bountiful array of blooms. The imaginative guest rooms are literally hand-built, and each opens onto the picturesque courtyard that includes a pond and tea room.
On Day 2, you’ll have breakfast at Eve’s Garden before setting out on your drive to Terlingua, the legendary village and its nearby ghost town west of Big Bend National Park.
Meet Michael Davidson of Big Bend Texas Travel Company in Terlingua. You’ll be glad you have a true expert sharing his decades of experience with interpretive tours of the Big Bend region. Davidson and Big Bend Travel also operate the rowboat ferry across the Rio Grande from Big Bend National Park to Boquillas del Carmen, Mexico.
Davidson will take you on an afternoon tour, with lunch provided.
After a tour of the rugged and amazing border region, you’ll be ready for your overnight stay in a luxury tipi at Davidson’s Basecamp Terlingua, with dinner on site.
On Day 3, after a hearty breakfast at Terlingua Base Camp, you’ll take off with Mike on an all-day National Park Tour. Once you’re back at Terlingua Base Camp after the magical mountainscapes, you can explore the region’s cuisine for dinner on your own. Consider the Starlight Theatre in Terlingua Ghost Town before your second night’s tipi stay.
Once you’ve experienced the natural beauty of the national park, consider a visit to Big Bend Ranch State Park, or take your time to visit other towns and sites in the Big Bend region, including Lajitas, Fort Davis, Marfa or Alpine.
• You must be a member of a Texas electric cooperative to enter.
• The prize package includes the above listed activities for up to two persons.
• No purchase necessary.
• Online entries only. One entry per person (multiple entries will be disqualified).
• Entrant must be 18 years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident.
• Current employees of Texas Electric Cooperatives and their immediate families are not eligible.
• The winning entry will be drawn January 2, 2019. We will attempt to notify the winner by January 4, 2019. If we cannot contact the winner by 5 p.m. on January 8, 2019, another entry will be drawn.
• Prizes are not transferable and may have an expiration date.
• Some additional expenses, such as taxes and tips, are not included in the package. The winner is solely responsible for any taxes incurred.
• Meals, unless specifically noted, are not included.
• Lodging certificates are subject to availability and may not be valid during high-capacity or holiday weekends. Reservations are required. Mention the certificate when booking and present it at check-in.
• Reservations for all activities must be made at least two weeks prior to arrival and are based on availability.
• Winner’s name and likeness may be used in promotional materials related to the contest.
• By entering the contest, contestants agree to the above rules and regulations.