skip to content
The Huntsville artist brings the region to life
Contest ends December 31, 2021
In 2017, Huntsville artist Lee Jamison embarked on a trip with sketchbook in hand, recording his impressions and recollections of East Texas, a region he has called home for about 45 years. Having built a solid reputation as a respected Texas Regionalist painter, Jamison, with other collectors and observers of the Texas art scene, has become convinced that East Texas, while rich in natural beauty and historic interest, has typically been under-represented as a subject of serious artists.
Seeking to remedy this lack of parity, the artist traveled the winding roads and tree-lined passages of East Texas for well over a year, observing, sketching, and journaling along the way. The result is an astonishing visual record of contemporary East Texas land, lore and culture as viewed through the eyes of an accomplished painter. These fine works are further enriched by the artist’s poignant and insightful literary observations, providing backstories and personal accounts for each image.
Exhibiting an unshakeable awareness of place and a poet’s sensibility, Lee Jamison’s Ode to East Texas stands as an affectionate hymn to a familiar region, an invitation to a new appreciation of its qualities. Collectors, students, and aficionados of Texas art will be grateful for this fresh examination of a region too long overlooked.
• You must be a member of a Texas electric cooperative to enter.
• The deadline for entries is December 31, 2021.
• No purchase necessary.
• Online entries only. One entry per person (multiple entries will be disqualified).
• Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident.
• Current employees of Texas Electric Cooperatives and their immediate families are not eligible.
• One winning entry will be drawn January 2, 2022. We will notify the winners by January 6, 2022. If we cannot contact a winner by 5 p.m. on January 11, 2022, another entry will be drawn.
• Prizes are not transferable and may have an expiration date.
• The winner is solely responsible for any taxes incurred.
• Winner’s name and likeness may be used in promotional materials related to the contest.
• By entering the contest, contestants agree to the above rules and regulations.