skip to content
Book offers a valuable resource for responsible ecotourism of sea turtle habitats
Contest ends April 30, 2021
Enter today for your chance to win a copy of A Worldwide Travel Guide to Sea Turtles by Wallace J. Nichols, Brad Nahill and Melissa Gaskill.
Sea turtle populations around the world are endangered, and in recent years tourism has been a critical element in worldwide efforts to save them. In recent years, five sea turtle species have been documented on the Texas coast and more Kemp’s ridleys nest more often in Texas than anywhere else. More travelers seek meaningful experiences that bring them close to nature and wildlife, and opportunities to interact with and help sea turtles now exist at locations around the globe, from remote beaches to urban labs.
In A Worldwide Travel Guide to Sea Turtles, a scientist, a conservationist, and a journalist have come together to provide a guide to the places where people can view sea turtles and participate in authentic conservation projects.
Covering five continents and including the South Pacific and Caribbean, the authors direct readers to the parks, reserves and research sites where they can responsibly observe turtles in the wild, especially nesting beaches where people can see female sea turtles lay eggs and hatchlings make their harrowing journey from nest to sea. Options for on-site lodging and other amenities are included, if available, as well as details of other nearby attractions that travelers may wish to include in their itineraries.
• You must be a member of a Texas electric cooperative to enter.
• The deadline for entries is April 30, 2021.
• No purchase necessary.
• Online entries only. One entry per person (multiple entries will be disqualified).
• Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident.
• Current employees of Texas Electric Cooperatives and their immediate families are not eligible.
• One winning entry will be drawn May 3, 2021. We will notify the winner by May 5, 2021. If we cannot contact a winner by 5 p.m. on May 10, 2021, another entry will be drawn.
• Prizes are not transferable.
• The winner is solely responsible for any taxes incurred.
• The winner’s name and likeness may be used in promotional materials related to the contest.
• By entering the contest, contestants agree to the above rules and regulations.