Pick Up and Go!
Hit the road with us as we explore not-to-miss destinations in every corner of the Lone Star State
- Stewart Cohen, Aurora Photos
We know it’s the biggest of the Lower 48. But how big? Texas contains 262,017 square miles of land. The longest point from north to south is 801 miles, and the widest point from east to west is 733 miles.
As the saying goes, “The sun has riz, the sun has set, and we ain’t out of Texas yet.”
- Rick Patrick
- East Texas: Caddo Lake’s hallowed setting
- North Central Texas: Cowtown’s Stockyards
- Central Texas: Embarrassment of riches
- Texas Coast: Palacios, Aransas Pass and Port Aransas
- South Texas: Seminole Canyon State Park, Del Rio and Laredo
- Panhandle Plains: Music for the soul in Lubbock and environs
- West Texas: Marfa and Big Bend