skip to content
This winning recipe was featured in One-Dish Dinners.
Betsy Kuebler | Farmers EC
Kuebler loves this recipe because it’s easy to prepare—“The older I get, the more wonderful that seems,” she says—and the ingredients are usually on hand. “Everyone loves it, even the pickiest eaters, and it’s impressive enough for potlucks.”
1 pound lean ground beef
1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked al dente and drained
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided use
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup sliced pepperoni
1 green bell pepper, cored and sliced into thin rings
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat interior of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Stir in pasta sauce and cooked macaroni, then remove from heat.
3. Spread half the beef mixture in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
4. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly on top, then scatter with the pepperoni slices and green pepper rings.
5. Bake 35 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.